Le Petit-Fils de L.-U Chopard & Cie S.A., or more commonly known as Chopard, was founded in 1860 by Louis-Ulysse Chopard. After Louis-Ulysse's death the company was passed down to his son Paul-Louis, and grandson Paul-Andre. In 1921 Paul-Louis relocated the company operations to a larger town, Chaux-de-Fonds, in the canton of Neuchatel. In the year 1937 the company was relocated again, this time to Geneva, with operations following in 1974. Soon after in 1976 Chopard started manufacturing its now famous free-floating diamond behind sapphire glass. The year 1996 was a big move for the company as it was the year the company established its own complete watch movement manufacturing facility, in Fleurier, Switzerland. From day one Chopard's goal has been and still is to meet the expectations of the watch enthusiast, and exceed their desires in every possible way.